What does it mean to be more present? To me, it means
- Let go of the past.
- Pull your focus from the future.
- Focus on what’s happening right now.
Here’s just a few ways to be more present:
- Unplug — Turn off the TV. Put the phone in another room. Be in the moment with your loved ones.
- Listen Without Responding — When you’re thinking about what you’re going to say next, you are not present. You don’t have to say anything to be present for someone else.
- Meditate — Breathe in. Breathe out. Let the thoughts go as quickly as they arrive. Return to now.
Here’s a 5-minute meditation that I recommend: https://insig.ht/s2Kt6qN8Oub
- Get a Dog or Cat — Seriously. Nothing exists beyond the present moment in my dog’s world. He’s getting old and that’s a reminder that he’s not always going to be here. He keeps me present.
- Play with Kids or Play Like a Kid — Go outside. Bring the sidewalk chalk!
Leave a Reply